The Selandia Group offers Ship Management and Crew Management services from a network of offices operated Globally.
The first company within the group, Selandia Marine Services Pvt. Ltd. was founded in Mumbai India, in 1995. Subsequently various other companies were set up offering additional services within the maritime industry.
Vision & Mission
Selandia is recognised as a Company that delivers the highest quality of Ship Management services.
To ensure that Selandia is considered as “The First Choice” partner for
- Shipowners and related interests
- Shipboard Personnel
- Shore-based Personnel
Selandia aspires to excel in ship operations by ensuring no harm to people or the environment, zero incidents and zero spills.
In keeping with the Vision and in order achieve the stated Mission; the Company has defined the following objectives:
- Inculcate the values outlined in the Selandia Code of Conduct throughout the organisation.
- Create a safe, secure and healthy working environment for all personnel on board and ashore.
- Meet market demands and maintain the Company's reputation as an effective and reliable Ship Manager.
- Support the Clients' opportunities by the satisfaction of their contractual expectations.
- Minimise time off-hire caused by personnel or technical failures.
- Achieve budgeted economic results, as necessary, to keep up safe and reliable services.
- Comply with regulatory requirements to ensure safety in operation, including environmental protection.
- Maintain Emergency preparedness both ashore and on board.
- Continuously improve safety-management skills of personnel on board ships and ashore.
- Take into account applicable codes, guidelines and standards recommended by Administrations, Classification Societies and related organisations in the maritime industry.
Board of Directors
Capt. Naren Bhatt (56) has been the Joint Chairman of the Selandia Group since its inception in 1995. As co-founder of the group he has been responsible for developing and overseeing the businesses within the group along with Umesh Thakore. Naren is a Master Mariner and has more than 37 years experience in the shipping industry, including 16 years sailing experience in ascending ranks to Master on board various ship types. His previous appointments ashore included 2 years in the operations, commercial and agency departments with SDS Corporation in Mumbai. Capt. Naren Bhatt is an Indian citizen and resides in Mumbai.
Capt. Umesh Thakore (57) has been the Joint Chairman of the Selandia Group since its inception in 1995. He is a co-founder of the group and has been responsible for developing and overseeing the business along with Naren Bhatt. Umesh is a Master Mariner with over 40 years of experience within the maritime industry, including 18 years sailing experience, of which 7 years were in command of Oil Tankers and OBO Carriers. His previous appointments ashore included 2 years in the fleet personnel department with OSM Hong Kong. Capt. Umesh Thakore is an Indian citizen and resides in Mumbai.
Mr. Axel C Eitzen (59) has been the Majority Owner and Chairman of the Board at Camillo Eitzen & Co. ASA and been involved in building a substantial presence as a Ship Owner in the Chemical, Gas and Bulk sectors, as well as in the Ship/Crew Management and Ship Supply industry. In addition, he has held positions of Chairman of the Board at Norse Energy ASA, Member of the Board at Det Norske Veritas, Chairman of the Board at Gard AS, Chairman of the Board at Eitzen Chemical ASA and CEO of Eitzen Maritime Services ASA, amongst others. Mr. Eitzen is an engineer by profession and was Partner/CEO in Tschudi & Eitzen AS since 1980, prior to founding the Eitzen Group in 2003. Mr. Axel C Eitzen is a Norwegian citizen and resides in Oslo.