The Selandia Group offers Ship Management and Crew Management services from a global network of offices.
The first company within the group, Selandia Marine Services Pvt. Ltd. was founded in Mumbai India, in 1995. Subsequently various other companies were set up offering additional services within the maritime industry.
Company founded as a joint venture with Acomarit UK and EAC Denmark, offering Crew Management and Maritime Training services.
Tschudi & Eitzen India
JV with Tschudi and Eitzen. Ship Management, S&P Inspections, Dry-dock/New Building Supervision, Consultancy etc.
EMS-ASA acquired Selandia, Seacrest, T&E India and Seastar from the Selandia Group.
Selandia Holdings Pte. Ltd. acquired the entire Ship Managment Division from EMS-ASA.
V-Group aquired Selandia Holdings Pte. Ltd. and it's subsidiaries.
Vision & Mission
Selandia is recognised as a Company that delivers the highest quality of Ship Management services.
To ensure that Selandia is considered as “The First Choice” partner for
- Shipowners and related interests
- Shipboard Personnel
- Shore-based Personnel
Selandia aspires to excel in ship operations by ensuring no harm to people or the environment, zero incidents and zero spills.
In keeping with the Vision and in order achieve the stated Mission; the Company has defined the following objectives:
- Inculcate the values outlined in the Selandia Code of Conduct throughout the organisation.
- Create a safe, secure and healthy working environment for all personnel on board and ashore.
- Meet market demands and maintain the Company's reputation as an effective and reliable Ship Manager.
- Support the Clients' opportunities by the satisfaction of their contractual expectations.
- Minimise time off-hire caused by personnel or technical failures.
- Achieve budgeted economic results, as necessary, to keep up safe and reliable services.
- Comply with regulatory requirements to ensure safety in operation, including environmental protection.
- Maintain Emergency preparedness both ashore and on board.
- Continuously improve safety-management skills of personnel on board ships and ashore.
- Take into account applicable codes, guidelines and standards recommended by Administrations, Classification Societies and related organisations in the maritime industry.
Board of Directors
Capt. Naren Bhatt (58) has been the Joint Chairman of the Selandia Group since it’s inception in 1995. As co-founder of the group he has been responsible for developing and overseeing the businesses within the group along with Umesh Thakore. Naren is a Master Mariner and has more than 38 years experience in the shipping industry, including 16 years sailing experience in ascending ranks to Master on board various ship types. His previous appointments ashore included 2 years in the operations, commercial and agency departments with SDS Corporation in Mumbai. Capt. Naren Bhatt is an Indian citizen and resides in Singapore/Mumbai.
Capt. Umesh Thakore (59) has been the Joint Chairman of the Selandia Group since it’s inception in 1995. He is a co-founder of the group and has been responsible for developing and overseeing the business along with Naren Bhatt. Umesh is a Master Mariner with over 40 years of experience within the shipping industry, including 18 years sailing experience, of which 7 years were in command of Oil Tankers and OBO Carriers. His previous appointments ashore included 2 years in the fleet personnel department with OSM Hong Kong. Capt. Umesh Thakore is an Indian citizen and resides in Singapore/Mumbai.